This position’s responsibilities include providing planning, supervision and documentation for job site activities. The Superintendent directs site Foremen according to the project time line and provides the necessary managerial support and leadership to ensure safety and operational success. The Superintendent is responsible for the safety of his/her Foremen and crews.
- Provides leadership and is responsible for safety, scheduling, workforce planning, coordinating, supervising and assisting with cost control; ensuring the consistent and fair application of all Wescott Construction policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of field Foremen in commercial site construction.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, sequences and monitors, procurement and construction activities with Project Manager.
- Provides overall direction to project personnel regarding professional standards, work quality and quantity, performance, and accountability.
- Reviews drawings, specifications and subcontractor submittals.
- Monitors, and manages project budgets and authorizes expenditures in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Works closely with the site Foremen to identify, verify and manage any scheduling conflicts, needs, or deficiencies with other crews and subcontractors. Ensures coordination of construction activities.
- Responsible to develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with owner(s), design professionals, inspectors, our self-performance crew(s), subcontractors, and material suppliers.
- Understands and communicates safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety, while identifying the needs for crew safety training.
- Assesses competency and capability of Foremen and employees on the project, and evaluates the capabilities of the crew members.
- Recognizes and addresses issue/problems and provides effective resolutions.
Background and Skills
- BS or AS in Construction Management or related discipline preferred.
- 3-years’ experience as a Superintendent in commercial construction.
- Commercial construction experience in project construction scope and objectives to include, but not limited to, building concepts, codes, regulations, laws, best practices, and reading and understanding plans.
- Strong knowledge and experience interpreting drawings/project specifications and scheduling/planning construction work.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills. Experience working in a team environment.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet-based applications.
- A working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and proven experience managing a safe work environment.
- Health Insurance (PPO and HSA Plans)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Direct Deposit Paychecks
- Employee Training and Advancement
- Learn More