The skilled laborer position performs detailed, quality, consistent, and safe assignments in their designated trade (e.g., Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Masonry, Drywall).
- Performs work to the standards established for their skilled trade.
- Reads and interprets plans, schematics, and drawings. Performs work according to the specifics required in these documents.
- Effectively and safely uses the right trade tools for the projects assigned.
- Utilizes tools and research required by trade to accomplish quality and timely work assignments.
- Continuously investigates methods and means to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of work within the trade.
- Provides guidance to unskilled labor to ensure safety and professional project completion.
- Analyzes projects working closely with the project manager/estimator in identifying potential issues that may arise prior to quoting and project take-off.
- Works closely with other trades where projects require simultaneous and overlapping trade work.
- Performs all work according to safety standards and promotes safety on all job sites.
Background and Skills
- AS in Construction Trade or equivalent trade certification from an accredited program preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on trade experience working in residential and/or commercial projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience interpreting drawings/project specifications.
- Experience efficiently and safely operating trade tools and equipment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Experience working in a team environment.
- Health Insurance (PPO and HSA Plans)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Direct Deposit Paychecks
- Employee Training and Advancement
- Learn More